Kentucky Lottery Corporation
Points for Drawings™
Rules and Regulations
1. The Kentucky Lottery Corporation (KLC) along with its designated agents Scientific Games, Inc. (SGI) and MDI Entertainment, LLC (MDI) will operate the Points for Drawings™ program under the provisions provided in this document. The Points for Prizes™ Rules are incorporated for reference.
2. Points for Drawings™ is part of the Points for Prizes™ program that is part of the Kentucky Lottery Corporation’s (KLC) Fun Club Rewards. Players can enter drawings by using some or all of his/her points received from submission of eligible tickets at store.kylottery.com. The Points for Drawings™ program is void where prohibited by law. The KLC reserves the right to change Points for Drawings™ in any way and at any time or to terminate Points for Drawings™ entirely upon reasonable and appropriate public notice.
4. By entering this promotion, the player acknowledges and agrees that the Kentucky Lottery Corporation may use, without limitation, an entrant's name, hometown, likeness, and/or voice in any promotions, research, marketing, publications, or other advertising media including, but not limited to, KLC websites, without compensation or additional release.
5. The KLC reserves the right to use the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of all entrants for research and marketing purposes.
6. Required sections on the player registration form include age verification, unique email address and password and contact information.
7. Failure to fully provide required information will cause a player’s request to register to be rejected. Failure to provide accurate information could cause a player whose entry is selected as a winner to be disqualified. A player shall be considered ineligible if the KLC determines that a player does not meet all player eligibility requirements or provided false information.
8. The KLC, SGI and MDI assume no responsibility for incorrect contact information provided by a player. After completing the registration, a player is responsible for updating account information as needed by logging in and going to his or her account profile page.
9. These rules may be amended at the KLC's discretion.
10. Players redeeming points for entries in the Points for Drawings™ drawing must do so within the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
11. Only points accumulated from Points for Prizes™ in the player’s Fun Club Rewards account may be used to enter any Points for Drawings™ drawing.
12. Entrants must have a valid U.S. address in order to register and participate.
PRIZES AND ODDS
13. Odds of an entry being selected as a winner in each drawing will depend on the total number of entries submitted for each drawing by all players.
SUBMITTING ENTRIES INTO POINTS FOR DRAWINGS™
14. Each Points for Drawings™ drawing will be described on the KLC website and include a description of the prize, entry dates, drawing date, and the number of points necessary for entry into the drawing.
15. The number of points needed for entry into each Points for Drawings™ drawing may vary by drawing.
16. The KLC’s website, store.kylottery.com, is the sole location where Points for Drawings™ drawing entries may be submitted.
17. To submit an entry, a player must first log in to kylottery.com using his or her unique Fun Club Rewards account information.
18. Once logged in, a player submits an entry by visiting the Points for Prizes™ Store and click on the Points for Drawings™ drawing that the player wishes to enter. Enter the number of entries desired; click “Update Quantity” and then “Submit Entries”.
19. It is the responsibility of the player to ensure that the appropriate Points for Drawings™ drawing and number of entries are selected.
20. Once the selected number of entries has been submitted, points from the player’s Fun Club Rewards Points for Prizes™ account will be deducted.
21. Unless otherwise specified, points are entered in only the drawing for which points were submitted. Drawing entries are eligible for one (1) Points for Drawings™ drawing only, and only for the specific drawing for which they were submitted.
22. A player may submit as many entries as allowed by his or her Points for Prizes™ Fun Club Rewards account, but the player may only win once per Points for Drawings™ drawing.
23. Once an entry into the Points for Drawings™ drawing is submitted it cannot be changed, canceled or returned. Once an entry is submitted, points will not be refunded.
24. Entries submitted after the Points for Drawings™ drawing deadline for a given drawing will not be accepted.
25. All drawing management services associated with the Points for Drawings™ will be conducted by SGI.
26. The Points for Drawings™ drawings will be conducted under the supervision of an independent drawing auditor who will perform agreed upon procedures for the drawings. The drawings will occur at the SGI offices located at 1500 Bluegrass Lakes Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30004.
27. Draw dates and entry deadlines for each Points for Drawings™ drawing are subject to change or modification as determined necessary or convenient by the KLC. The KLC will attempt to post all changes to entry deadlines and drawing dates on the website.
28. Once an eligible alternate is moved up to become a prize winner, his or her alternate status in this promotional drawing will be voided.
29. A member of the KLC’s Marketing Department will attempt to contact all winners using the contact information provided in the winner’s Fun Club Rewards profile at the time of the drawing. The KLC may take the following steps to contact each winner:
· Call both the primary and/or secondary phone number following the drawing and periodically thereafter until winner has been reached by phone or has been disqualified (continued attempts to contact by phone will not be made to numbers that have been disconnected or are no longer in use by winner);
· If contact has not been made with the winner in the first three (3) business days following the drawing via phone, the KLC will send the winner a certified letter at the physical address and/or send the winner an email. The certified letter may not be forwarded to another address.
30. If the KLC determines that the dialogue with the winner has not been established by phone, or other means acceptable to the KLC, within ten (10) business days following the date of the drawing, the winner will be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to the first eligible alternate selected.
31. The promotion winners MUST claim their grand prize within ten (10) business days following the date of contact by the KLC Marketing Department. The prize can be claimed by U.S. Mail by sending all required information to: ATTENTION: DRAWING MANAGER, Kentucky Lottery Corporation, 1011 West Main Street, Louisville, KY 40202. The person whose name is on the entry must be the person who claims the prize. Winner must provide a valid government issued photography identification, such as a driver’s license, or other form of photograph identification acceptable to the KLC, and a completed Promotion Claim Form that they will receive from the KLC Marketing Department. The prize will be awarded only after the KLC receives the prize winner’s accurate and complete Promotion Claim Form and required ID. If all required information is not received within ten (10) business days, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the first alternate selected in the drawing.
32. If, prior to the expiration of the ten (10) business days referenced in Paragraph 26, a winner declines to accept and claim the prize by notifying a member of the KLC Promotions Department in writing via the winner’s e-mail, the prize may be forfeited immediately upon receipt of the written notification and the first eligible alternate declared the winner.
33. The KLC or its designee will withhold federal, state and all applicable taxes, according to federal and state withholding requirements. Any taxes above the standard formulas are the responsibility of the winner.
34. Fulfillment of the prize will be handled by MDI Entertainment.
35. If an item is not readily available for any reason, the KLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute another item of similar value. The KLC does not warrant or guarantee product quality or availability of products.
36. The KLC is not responsible for the electronic misdelivery, late delivery, or failure to receive entry information entered electronically, risk of loss remains with the entrant regardless of the cause of the transmission failure.
37. Players are solely responsible for maintaining and keeping account information current or accurate. The KLC assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever for technical or computer malfunctions or for player's failure to keep account information current.
38. All winners are subject to validation by the KLC and may be disqualified if eligibility requirements are not met. Validity of entries, drawings, and the award of prizes are subject to the rules and regulations of the KLC and the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
39. By accepting the prize, each winner, his or her heirs, legal representatives and assigns agree to indemnify and hold harmless, defend, release and discharge the Kentucky Lottery Corporation, SGI, MDI, the Commonwealth of Kentucky, their employees, officers and directors from and against any loss, claim, damage, suit or injury arising out of or relating to the acceptance of any prize.
40. The KLC is not responsible for any rules, regulations or restrictions imposed by its promotional partners. The KLC is not responsible for and has no obligation regarding the condition, quality, defects or other attributes of the prizes awarded during a promotion and expressly disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for particular purpose.
41. The KLC is not responsible for any prizes lost, damaged, or stolen during shipment, pick-up, or use.
42. The KLC reserves the right to change or extend any of the dates set out in these rules. The KLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, postpone or cancel, with or without notice, any portion of this promotion at any time and for any reason including the award of any prize with the approval of the KLC’s Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing or his designee from the Executive Management group.
43. In computing any period of time under these rules, the day of the designated act of event is not to be included; the last day of the period so computed is to be included. The term “business day” means a day that the KLC Corporate Office is actually open for business (holidays, weekends and other days the KLC is closed are excluded), and such day is from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.
44. In the event that interpretation of these rules is necessary, the decision of the KLC’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing or his designee from the Executive Management Group, after consultation with Internal Audit, Security and Legal (if necessary), will be final.
45. No one under 18 years of age and no one otherwise prohibited by KRS.154A from playing KLC games are eligible to participate in this promotion or win any prize.
Last amended: August 4, 2014