Kentucky Lottery Corporation
25th Anniversary Promotion
Statewide Scratch-off Second Chance Promotion
Rules & Regulations
December 19, 2013
1. The Kentucky Lottery Corporation (KLC) along with its designated agents Scientific Games, Inc. (SGI) and MDI Entertainment, LLC (MDI) plans to conduct a second chance player promotion called the 25th Anniversary Promotion with eligible non-winning Scratch-offs and draw games. Eligible games are defined as: non-winning Scratch-offs that have not reached their last date to claim prior to the entry deadline for the 25th Anniversary Promotion and Draw game tickets purchase during the 25th Anniversary Promotion period that have at least one non-winning play. To be eligible, all entries must be received in the manner set forth below. Players may enter this promotion only at kylottery.com.
2. The promotion will run from April 4-August 1, 2014. The last date to enter eligible tickets will be Friday, August 8, 2014. The Grand Prize drawing will be scheduled for Tuesday, August 12, 2014.
3. The promotion will have one (1) grand prize winner of $25,000 and twenty-five (25) second prize winners of $2,500.
4. To enter the 25th Anniversary Promotion, players must first sign-in or register for a Fun Club Rewards account at kylottery.com.
5. Once logged in, a player will be able to submit an eligible Scratch-off or draw game ticket and participate in other programs (including the Points for Prizes™, Ultimate Second Chance or Final Top Prize).
6. Required sections on the player registration form include age verification, unique email address and password and contact information.
7. Failure to fully provide required information will cause a player’s request to register to be rejected. Failure to provide accurate information could cause a player whose entry is selected as a winner for the 25th Anniversary Promotion to be disqualified. A player shall be considered ineligible if the KLC determines that a player does not meet all player eligibility requirements or provided false information.
8. The KLC, SGI and MDI assume no responsibility for incorrect contact information provided by a player. After completing the registration, a player is responsible for updating account information as needed by logging in and going to his or her account profile page.
9. An entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years old to participate.
10. Entrants must have a valid U.S. address in order to register and participate.
11. Players will be limited to 200 total entries per week as part of Fun Club Rewards. A week is defined as Sunday at midnight until the following Saturday at 11:59:59 p.m. EST. This 200 ticket limit includes the 25th Anniversary promotion, Ultimate Second Chance, Final Top Prize, Points for Prizes™ and any other KLC sponsored promotions. The KLC reserves the right to change, without notice, the limit on the amount of tickets that may be entered weekly or daily.
PRIZES AND ODDS:
12. The 25th Anniversary Promotion drawing will award one grand prize of $25,000 and twenty-five second prizes of $2,500.
13. Odds of being selected as a winner in the 25th Anniversary Promotion will depend on the number of entries submitted for the grand prize drawing.
14. The KLC’s website, kylottery.com, is the sole location where a current non-winning Scratch-off or draw game ticket for the 25th Anniversary Promotion can be submitted. Any tickets physically sent to or dropped off at any location whatsoever, will be ineligible. The KLC will destroy all non-winning physical tickets received at any lottery office and the tickets will not be returned.
15. To submit an entry, a player must first log onto kylottery.com using his or her unique account information.
16. Once logged in, a player submits an entry according to the instructions on the “Enter Tickets” page of the website. Required entry information from the ticket includes: (the 18-digit VIRN (void if removed number) and 3-digit ticket number for a Scratch-off ticket and the 25 digit draw game code on the bottom of the ticket for draw game tickets).
17. A list of previously submitted entries is available from the “Ticket History” page.
18. An eligible ticket may be submitted one time only. The entry system will reject a ticket that has been previously submitted.
19. To prevent fraudulent entries, after five (5) consecutive attempts to submit entries that are not recognized as eligible tickets, a player will be unable to submit entries for 12 hours.
20. After an entry is accepted, the player does not need to retain his or her ticket for the 25th Anniversary promotion.
22. Players are only allowed to win once in this promotion.
23. There will be one grand prize winner of $25,000 and twenty-five second prize winners of $2,500. The drawing for this promotion will be Tuesday, August 12, 2014.
24. All drawing management services associated with this promotion will be conducted by SGI.
25. The drawing will be conducted under the supervision of an independent drawing auditor who will perform agreed upon procedures for the drawing. The drawing will occur at the SGI offices located at 1500 Bluegrass Lakes Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30004.
26. At the 25th Anniversary drawing one grand prize winner and then twenty-five (25) second prize winners will be selected, followed by twenty-five (25) grand prize alternates.
27. Draw date and entry deadlines are subject to change or modification as determined necessary or convenient by the KLC. The KLC will attempt to post all changes to entry deadlines and drawing dates on the website.
28. Once an eligible alternate is moved up to become a prize winner, his or her alternate status in the 25th Anniversary Promotional drawing will be voided.
29. A member of the KLC’s Marketing Department will notify all winners by phone. The KLC will use the phone number and physical address provided on the Fun Club Rewards profile and will not use any other means to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be reached by phone within a seven (7) business day time period (certified letters will be sent after (one (1) business day) if the winner is not reached by phone), he or she will be disqualified, and the prize will be awarded to the first eligible alternate selected.
30. The 25th Anniversary Promotion winners MUST claim their prize within seven (7) business days following the date of contact by the KLC Marketing Department. The 25th Anniversary Promotion prizes can be claimed by U.S. Mail by sending all required information to: ATTENTION: DRAWING MANAGER, Kentucky Lottery Corporation, 1011 West Main Street, Louisville, KY 40202. The person whose name is on the entry must be the person who claims the prize. Winners must provide a valid government issued photograph identification, such as a driver’s license, or other form of photograph identification acceptable to the KLC, and a completed Promotion Claim Form that they will receive from the KLC Marketing Department. The prize will be awarded only after the KLC receives the prize winner’s accurate and complete Promotion Claim Form and required ID. If all required information is not received within seven (7) business days, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the first alternate selected in the drawing.
31. If, prior to the expiration of the seven (7) business days referenced in Paragraph 30, a winner declines to accept and claim the prize by notifying a member of the KLC Promotions Department in writing via the winner’s e-mail, the prize may be forfeited immediately upon receipt of the written notification and the first eligible alternate declared the winner.
32. The KLC or its designee will withhold federal, state and all applicable taxes, according to federal and state withholding requirements. Any taxes above the standard formulas are the responsibility of the winner.
33. Fulfillment of the grand prize will be handled by the KLC.
34. By entering this promotion, the player acknowledges and agrees that the Kentucky Lottery Corporation may use and release the player’s name, hometown and likeness to the public, without limitation and compensation.
35. The KLC is not responsible for the electronic mis-delivery, late delivery, or failure to receive ticket information entered electronically, risk of loss remains with the entrant regardless of the cause of the transmission failure.
36. All winners are subject to validation by the KLC and may be disqualified if eligibility requirements are not met. Validity of entries, drawings, and the award of prizes are subject to rules and regulations of the KLC and the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
37. By accepting the grand prize or any other prize, each winner, his or her heirs, legal representatives and assigns agree to indemnify and hold harmless, defend, release and discharge the Kentucky Lottery Corporation, the Commonwealth of Kentucky, their employees, officers and directors from and against any loss, claim, damage suit or injury arising out of or relating to the acceptance of any prize.
38. The KLC is not responsible for any rules, regulations or restrictions imposed by its promotional partners. The KLC is not responsible for and has no obligation regarding the condition, quality defects or other attributes of the prizes awarded during a promotion and expressly disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for particular purpose.
39. The KLC reserves the right to change or extend any of the dates set out in these rules. The KLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, postpone or cancel, with or without notice, any portion of this promotion at any time and for any reason including the award of any prize with the approval of the KLC’s Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing or his designee from the Executive Management group.
40. In computing any period of time under these rules, the day of the designated act or event is not to be included; the last day of the period so computed is to be included. The term “business day” means a day that the KLC Corporate Office is actually open for business (holidays, weekends and other days the KLC is closed are excluded), and such day is from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
41. In the event that interpretation of these rules is necessary, the decision of the KLC’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing or his designee from the Executive Management Group, after consultation with Internal Audit, Security and Legal (if necessary), will be final.
42. No one under 18 years of age and no one otherwise prohibited by KRS.154A from playing KLC games are eligible to participate in this promotion or win any prize.
This promotion is void where prohibited by law.